Monday 11 August 2014

Hey there...


Hi!! I have returned from a bit of a lul...have been getting back to it....slowly:)  Hope everyone out there in Blogland is well and happy....all good here at our house....here is a little bit of what I've been doing...


Made these hexies to add to a quilt for a very special lady in Broken Hill, she loves "brights".


This is the first block from a quilt that I've started a quilting class at CQS. Its called 'round and round' by Thimbleblossom. I'm using a lighter weight denim for the background, loving it ;)
 
 
This is a 'jelly roll quilt' that I made for my niece Xanthes' 2nd birthday. It was a fun and fast quilt to make and I backed it in flannel so it's nice and snuggly.
 
We have been enjoying the beautiful days here in the garden...have been pruning fruit trees and planting some veges in large pots. Hope to soften the cement-like dirt that's out in the orchard so that we can have more few fresh veges....bring on the rain this week!! We, like so many others have had little or no rain for many weeks, lucky for us we get town water out here. Thinking of so many family and friends that don't have that luxury...so we need to start rain dancing!! 
 
Nice to be back...have a great day..xo Suze.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely work Suse and i hope you get rain out your way soon.xx

creations.1 said...

Hope the predicted rain brings good falls for you. Love the hexies - very bright and happy.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great to see a post Suze love your projects

Susan said...

Well hello Suze. Good to see you've been doing some sewing, great projects. Hope it rains everywhere this weekend.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG finally a post..........lol
love all the things you have been working on........

Show and Tell said...

Hello there my friend....how did this one slip by me....Oh I know I have been busy doing naked rain dances out the back and willing the clouds your way....wouldn't my old neighbour Max love that.....Lol! I am loving the look of your projects and I bet miss X loooooooves her quilt xxx